Wednesday 2 March 2011

Daughters are Precious






Hello and thanks for stopping by. I have been trying to use up some of my stash so there are a lot of different items on this page. The paper I used for the background had a big green saying at the top that didn't seem to match the nice soft swirls and pinks so I cut it out in a V shape. I used scalloped scissors to trim the edges and then inked them and wet them and curled them a bit with my fingers. I learned this on a tutorial on Such a Pretty Mess. She called it ruffled edge I think. The butterfly is one of those feather ones from the dollar store. The centres were a bright garish green so I painted them brown. I think they are much prettier that way and the brown matched the page. I made the decorative circle under the bottom photo with a MS corner punch. The tutorial is on Swirly Doos. The flowers are from my stash and most are Prima. The crystals are also from my stash and the little purple flowers are from Walmart in the ribbon section. The turquoise heart I cut with my cricit. The heart border on the top photo is a friscars border punch. The clear saying is another item from my stash and the crystal "Precious" is from Michaels. The photos are of my daughter and my granddaughter when they were over for a visit recently. Gotta run she is here to visit grandma again. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment