Saturday 26 March 2011

Sunshine





I seldom do bright papers but this photo of my granddaughter in her brightly coloured jumper chair just didn't seem to go with anything else. I tried to do a page without any flowers for something different. I was inspired to do some lacing from a blog site I was looking at called moments of tranquility. She really does some awesome work. I am doing more and more stitching on my work. I used to sew many years ago and still have my old machine. I find I like the look of the stitching. I am also really enjoying using my punches and used a deep punch as well as a round the page punch, a corner punch and a butterfly punch for this page. The title I cut out of a patterned paper and inked it and stitched it down. It says she will fill our lives with sunshine (and she does) and hence the title of this page. I used a doily and some crystals. I often cut the crystal swirls into pieces and I did that in this l/o. I finished it off with some stickles. Thanks for taking a peek at my blog. Please leave a comment if you have a minute as I often wonder if anyone reads this.


1 comment:

  1. I don't usually use bright paper either but love what you've done here. Great work!

    ReplyDelete